BrainHQ offers three different kinds of subscriptions: personal subscriptions, family subscriptions, and gift subscriptions. But what's the difference?
Personal Subscriptions are meant for you, on your own account, so that you have full access to all of the content on the BrainHQ website. Here are some other notes about personal subscriptions:
- Personal subscriptions are available at a month-to-month basis (a monthly subscription), or a year-to-year basis (an annual subscription).
- Personal subscriptions are set to automatically renew at the end of each term by default, but can be cancelled at any time to remove the automatic renewal.
- Personal subscriptions are active from the day that they are purchased. There's no wait time, and no need to activate your subscription. Once a personal subscription has been purchased, you can begin training.
Family Subscriptions are made so that you and your family members gain full access to BrainHQ at a discounted rate.
- An annual subscriber can purchase subscriptions for family members as add-ons to their own subscription (family subscriptions are not available to monthly subscribers)
- A family subscription is billed yearly all at the same time, with the exception being the initial purchase. When adding a family member their subscription will be pro-rated so that it is on the same renewal schedule.
- The annual subscriber who set up the family subscription has the ability to unsubscribe and resubscribe other family accounts.
Gift Subscriptions are designed to be sent to friends and family, so that they can create their own accounts and have full access to all of the content on the BrainHQ website.
- Gift subscriptions are available for 12-month terms.
- Gift subscriptions do not automatically renew. At the end of a subscription term, the account will revert back to a basic account with no subscription and limited access to the training. If a gift recipient would like to continue training after their subscription term, they can either purchase their own personal subscription or they can ask someone else to send them another gift subscription.
- Gift subscriptions do not have a "use by" date. This is to say that you can purchase a gift subscription ahead of time and hang on to it indefinitely. The subscription term doesn't begin until the gift recipient redeems their gift code.
What’s the difference between adding a family member to my account and giving them a gift?
Both options give your recipient access to all the exercises and features in BrainHQ, but there are a few differences:
- A family membership renews along with your annual subscription. When first adding a family member their subscription is pro-rated so that it is on the same renewal schedule. The subscription begins on the day of purchase.
- Gifts are one-time purchases that last for one year. You won’t be charged for a renewal. You can hold onto gifts, then give them to other people when an occasion comes up. The subscription term begins on the day that the gift is redeemed.
Article is closed for comments.