For all types of families, we’re happy to announce our new BrainHQ Family Plan! Annual subscribers can purchase up to eight add-on, discounted subscriptions for friends and family.
Each person added to a family plan will have their own account with full access to all of BrainHQ. This includes features such as the Personal Trainer, individual progress, and invitations to exclusive events and content. Training and progress are private, so training will not affect other family members accounts. When the annual subscription renews each year, the family members subscriptions will renew along with it.
- Family plans can only be initiated by an account with an annual subscription to BrainHQ
- Annual subscribers will need to have purchased their annual subscription through the BrainHQ website. Annual subscriptions purchased through the App Store or Play Store are not able to have family subscriptions added on.
How to add members to a Family Plan
- Log in at www.BrainHQ.com
- Click the name in the top right corner of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu
- Click on "profile" from this dropdown menu
- Scroll down to a section called Family Members:
- Click on "Add Family Member" and a popup will appear:
Click "Continue >"
- Fill in the email address for the family member you'd like to add:
Click "Submit >"
From here a few things can happen:
- If the account already exists and has full access to BrainHQ, they will not be added to the family plan and the payment method attached to the account will not be billed.
- If the account already exists and doesn't have full access to BrainHQ, they will be sent an email notification letting them know they've been added to a family plan.
- If the account doesn't already exist, then an account is created for the family member and they will be sent an email notification letting them know they've been added to a family plan.
- The card on file for the Family Manager will be billed, and the receipt will be sent to the Family Manager.
Billing for a Family Plan
The person who initiates a family plan is the "Family Manager". Anyone who is added to a family plan by a Family Manager is considered to be a "family member". (Don't worry if you all aren't related - "family members" can include friends too!)
Pricing will vary depending on currency, but for this example we'll use USD pricing.
An annual subscription to BrainHQ is $96. Each family member that gets added to a family plan is a $59 add-on to the Family Managers annual subscription. However, the first time the family manager is billed for adding members to the family plan the pricing will be prorated.
A prorated subscription is a subscription that is billed based on the amount of time that will be used, rather than the full amount for the subscription period. When the family manager first initiates a family plan, they likely aren't doing so on the same day that their personal subscription renews. A prorated price is determined based off of how much time there is until the family manager's personal subscription would be renewed.
For example, if Family Manager is halfway through their subscription term and they want to add a family member, the family member's subscription price will be 50% off. Then when Family Manager's subscription is up for renewal, all of the subscriptions will renew at the same time.
The site will automatically calculate what the prorated price would be during the checkout process. A prompt will appear, similar to this:
In the screenshot above, the prorated price is $21.34.
The yearly renewal rate for the whole family can be calculated based on the following equation: $96 + $59(n) where n is the number of family members who have been added to the family plan.
For example, a family of three would look like this: $96 + $59(2) = $214
Managing a Family Plan Subscription
Once the accounts have been added to a family plan, the Family Manager can toggle the subscription renewal on/off in this section:
Toggling the renewal of "off" will prevent the automatic renewal of that family members subscription. This will not cancel their current subscription, and it will not refund the initial payment that was charged when first adding family member.