Fixing sound in the iOS app can sometimes be tricky because there are so many places where sound could stop working. This article will take you through the different steps that could help fix the problem.
- Device volume
- Make sure your volume isn't too low. You can adjust the volume via the volume buttons on the side of your device, or by going into the Settings and tap "Sound," then slide the volume slider to the right. (Volume can also be adjusted from the control panel.)
- Also be sure that your device isn't muted. If the device is muted, this will override any in-app volume changes you make in step 2 below.
- To check and see if your device is muted, please open your control panel by swiping up from the bottom of your screen. You may have a bell icon in your control panel, check to make sure that the button isn't highlighted. The control panel on an iPhone or iPad should look like this:
If your device is muted, the button will be red with a slash through it:
Tap the bell icon to unmute the device.
- Alternatively, check that the mute button (next to the volume buttons on the side of the device) isn't switched to be muted. When looking at the switch, if you see a small red/orange dot or line then your device is muted. Flip the switch the other way to unmute the device. You will see a notification on screen.
- For more help with unmuting your device using the side switch: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203017
- For more help with bringing up the control center: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202769
- BrainHQ App Volume
- You can adjust the volume of the app within the app settings. To do this, first log in to your BrainHQ account in the app.
iPad users: click the icon in the top right corner, and then select "Settings" (look for the gear icon). Move the Sound Effects slider to the right to increase the volume.
iPhone users: click the menu icon (the square with three horizontal lines) in the upper left corner. Select "Preferences" (look for the gear icon), and then move the Sound Effects slider to the right to increase the volume.