Often when there is a problem loading a webpage, there are a few things that may fix it.
- Reload the page. The reload button often looks like an arrow circling back in on itself and can be found near the URL or address bar.
- Force your browser to request a new copy of the webpage rather than using the old one your browser may have saved. Choose your Operating System and Browser from the list below.
-Chrome: Hold down Ctrl and Shift and then press "R"
-Firefox: Hold down Ctrl and press F5
-Edge: Hold down Ctrl and press F5
(Command, CMD and the Apple Button are the same button)
-Chrome: Hold down Command and Shift and then press "R"
-Firefox: Hold down Command and Shift and then press "R"
-Safari: Hold down Option button and click on the Refresh icon in the window, at the top right side of white address bar. It looks like an arrow curling around on itself. This might not work, Safari doesn't always follow this command, so you may wish to try to clear your cache.
- Check your internet speed. Please go to http://www.speedtest.net/ and click on the green button that says "Begin Test." When the test finishes, it should display your Download Speed with a number measured in Mbps. This is the speed at which the program connects to your computer. It should be above 1.0 Mbps.
- Set your Anti Virus Software permissions. If you have antivirus software, make sure permissions are set in antivirus software/firewall to allow the program to access the internet. This program is an online game and may be blocked by security software, such as firewall or anti-virus software. To keep it from being blocked, make sure it is on the “trusted” or “safe” list of online sites in your security software, and not on the "Blocked" list. Unfortunately, there are too many security software programs for us to keep track them all, so please refer to your security software’s help or support pages to unblock BrainHQ.
- Clear your internet cache and cookies. If you do not know how, please reference the correct instructions for your browser from the list below:
Internet Explorer 11
1. Click on the Settings icon on the upper right (it looks like a gear, sun, or flower)
2. Click on the Safety option in the drop down menu
3. Click Delete Browsing History...
3. Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, and History.
4. Click Delete
5. Go back to the website you were trying to reach
Edge for Windows 10
1. Click on the three horizontal bars next to a star in the upper right (not the dots)
2. Click on the History icon (looks like a clock and an arrow circling around)
3. Click on Clear History
4. Make sure that "Cookies and saved website data" and "Cached data and files" are checked, and the rest is not checked
5. Click Clear
6. Go back to the website that you were trying to use
1. Click on the three horizontal bars in the upper right hand corner
2. Click on "Options" or "Preferences" in the drop down menu (different versions have different text, but they go to the same place)
3. Click on Privacy and Security on the left hand side
4. Scroll down to the section for "Cookies and Site Data" and click on the button for "Clear Data..." (This might say "Cached Web Content" on older versions)
5. Check only "Cached Web Content" and click the "Clear" button
6. Go back to the website and refresh the page
1. Click on the three vertical dots in the upper right
2. Click on Settings in the drop down menu
3. Scroll to the bottom of the next page and click on Advanced
4. Scroll down a bit, find the box labeled Privacy and security
5. Click on Site Settings
6. Click on Cookies and Site Data
7. Click on See All Cookies and Site Data
8. Type "brainhq" into the box at the top labeled "Search Cookies"
9. Click on "Remove All Shown"
10. Go back to the page you were trying to use and reload it
Safari for Mac
1. Click on Safari in the upper left
2. Click on Preferences
3. Click on Privacy
4. Click on the Manage Website Data button
5. Find the website that you want to clear from the list, i.e. BrainHQ.com or Drivesharp.com, highlight it by clicking on it, and then click on the Remove button
Click on Remove All if you want to clear every website you have used.
6. Click Done
7. Go back to the website and refresh the page.